We now have four Museum Passes for patrons!
Independence Seaport Museum Pass
211 S Columbus Blvd, Phila, PA
- Jan to March: Tuesday through Sunday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- April to Dec: Monday through Sunday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- In order to receive free admission to the Museum, library patrons will be asked for additional identification upon entering the museum
Penn Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
3260 South Street, Phila, PA
- Tues through Sunday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- First Wednesday of each month, 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Museum is closed Mondays and major holidays
Academy of Natural Sciences Museum
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Phila, PA
- Mon through Fri, 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Weekends and Holidays, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
National Constitution Center
Independence Mall, 515 Arch Street, Phila, PA
- Monday - Saturday:
- 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
If you have a library card in good standing (no fines over $5.00 or lost/unpaid materials), you can borrow the NPL's passes. These passes admit 2 adults and dependent children in the household; check with Museums for number of children and other restrictions. Pass may be borrowed for one week, it must be booked through Library Staff and must be picked up at the NPL. Staff cannot guarantee that Passes will be available for dates requested. Overdue fine of $5.00 per day will be incurred if passes are not returned by due date; $50.00 replacement fee will be charged for lost passes. Patrons must be 18 years old to borrow the pass. Call the Library for more details or to book the pass.
The Pennsylvania Library Association’s 21st Century Literacies Initiative, PAForward, was conceived to give voice to what the library community already knows, and what other states throughout the nation are also recognizing:
With the right support, libraries are ideally positioned to become the community centers of information, technology, and learning that will fuel educational and economic opportunity for all of our citizens.